1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plz help fix my router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tallguy_3000, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallguy_3000

tallguy_3000 Thread Starter

Aiight, so i have this dsl box, its a dsl gateway 54 Mbps Wireless router, supplied by Quest.
    The problem is, that it wont load site, it will go 2 the website, but wont load the pages. I cant get onto things like microsoft updates, i cant even access my mail, i had 2 go 2 a friends house 2 set this up, lol. Um also, my router is connected 2 a linksys 6 port broadband wireless router, so i can hook up my 360 to the router, an the main computer. I called Quest an they say its not the router, but the connection, an i reconnected it like so many times, im bout 2 give up, so i hope some1 can help me figure this out. I also have opened up ports, but i dnt knw if that would make it not wrk, but idk. And finally, my dl speed is running close to
    25 kb/s, WAY below what it should b, so there is deff something wrng w/ my connection, plz help.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so lets get the configuration straight
    you have a
    connected to a
    can you describe how you have all these connected - what comes first and how each router is set up
    also a description of what cable you are plugging into what port on what router
    Telephone connection - conneted to ?????? then connected to ??? then connected to PC

i dont quite understand why you have two routers unless one has a modem included

the exact make and models may be useful to

johnwill has posted how to connect to routers together in the forum , i'll try and find the link

http://forums.techguy.org/3665536-post2.html

they only thing i'm not sure of is how you would deal with the two wireless - i guess switch one off

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice