1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

plz help im new here (wxmvt.exe)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 0maga6, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0maga6

0maga6 Thread Starter

:confused: hi everyone I'm new here
    so this is my sad story today i installed win xp and like last time as soon as i hook up to the net bam I'm over run by viruses and spyware the ones that bugs me the most is w32.spybot.worm and wxmvt.exe
    what usually happends is i get a message saying my cpu will shutdown in 60secs then it counts down and restarts i can stop this with windows updates
    but what i cant stop is wxmvt.exe i go into the msconfig and tun it off i do ad-aware se personal and spybot s&d i have done norton virus scans
    I'm going to try panda in a secs and house call hope that'll do it
    one more thing is there no way to install windows xp anymore without getting bombarded with spyware as soon as you hook up to the net a year ago i could install xp no problems i go get my updates and everything would go fine
    now for the forth time when i do a new install of xp as soon as i get hooked to the net and try to do a update its all over but this time i got this far i have all the updates even sp2 but i think i might have messed up my windows i deleted emp32 from systems 32 and windows said something when i rebooted but so far nothing has gone wrong but getting rid of wxmvt.exe so any help would be great
    ps i gave very bad grammar i know it can be hard to read so I'm sorry o and its 3:50 am and I'm very tired and iv been at this for over 8 hours

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!