plz help me find information about this machine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Oddba11

Jim
I see no reviews and I have no experience with Samsung. Personally, for a laptop, I'd stick with a tier one brand such as Dell.

You can get basic information/specs/drivers etc. on the Samsung website.

UnD3R0aTh

i have a Samsung phone, i'ts a high quality device, i just had a traumatizing experience with lenovo, and i'm just looking for a high quality device within my budget that doesn't have much specs, but has high quality and practical for carrying around "i only use it for browsing and studying", the lenovo was good for the price but was too big and heavy, and looked so cheap and tacky, plus it came with a faulty screen, read this thread http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...-in-laptop-screen-when-it-shakes/td-p/1352359

Triple6

Rob
If you want warranty support don't go to a forum, call actual Lenovo Warranty support. If you've only had it a week or so you can take it back to the place of purchase as well. Seems Lenovo issued you an RMA in the end after you contacted the proper tech support.

On an aside your first video isn't very clear, the only thing that's visible is pretty normal when you apply pressure and move your finger around on many LCD panels. And tapping and pressing on the screen is a bad thing that you shouldn't be doing anyway, that will damage the panel. The second video does seem to show a flaw and I think the person gave you the correct link to contact support. I don't see the issue there. Products from all manufacturer's will occasionally fail or have a flaw, if you don't think that's the case you'll be sadly disappointed through out life.

Further, read some reviews on the AMD E1 processor, all laptops that I've used with an E1 have been slow as dirt, equivalent in performance to the average CPU from half a decade ago. The laptop also comes with FreeDOx and not Windows, you'll need to purchase and install Windows separately or install a useful Linux distro. It's an extremely low end budget laptop.

Samsung phones and Samsung laptops are not in the same league, Samsung excels at mobile devices, Lenovo excels at computer products.

UnD3R0aTh

dude seriously :( i looked for so many laptops, this is the only one that suits my budget :( it's a sexy 14 incher that's easy to carry around, and i hope it has a longer battery life than that big ugly faulty piece of junk from lenovo, which has surprisingly good specs for it's price, but only 1 hours and 16 minutes under heavy use which makes it absolutely useless, i'm glad i got rid of it

Triple6

Rob
You sacrifice performance for battery life in most cases, this model is an example of that with a low power processor. Most laptops under heavy use will have poor battery life, don't expect to get anywhere near the advertised battery life if you are going to use it heavily.

UnD3R0aTh

i sacrifice performance for portability and looks, plus it can\t be that horrible after all, i will only use it to browse the internet, run my favorite chess program which is chessbase fritz 13 and that's it, do u know of any 14 incher that's built for carrying around with better specs

Oddba11

Jim
chessbase fritz 13 appears to be a Windows based program. So as noted, you will need a copy of Windows ($100)...and you need to know if Samsung supports Windows on that device. It's needs support from the manufacturer to ensure that you can get drivers for it to function properly.

And I agree, phones and notebooks are not the same. If you reduced the power settings and performance of the Lenovo to match that Samsung, you very likely would have seen the battery life increase dramatically.

UnD3R0aTh

i already have a copy of windows, how can i check with samsung? i'm still saving money in order to buy it, it's 200 egp more than the lenovo but it's sexy and i love it, and it's a samsung

UnD3R0aTh

guyz should i buy or not? if not provide alternatives

p.s. i bought the lenovo and i hated it, i'm glad it was faulty otherwise i would have had to live with it forever

Triple6

Rob
I have no idea what's in your budget in your country, here you'd be looking at either a very low end system or a used system.

Oddba11

Jim
You will need to contact Samsung to see if they support Windows on that hardware. I see no reference to Windows on their webpage, which would typically indicate they do not.

Aside from that, it boils down to usage. If you need a Windows laptop, buy a Windows based laptop. If you want to get that one because it's pretty, then get the Samsung.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online