1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plz Help: Strange Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sCrew, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sCrew

sCrew Thread Starter

Hi

Please have a look at my screenshot. I get this kind of error randomly while playing 3D games like Doom3. The same problem reoccurs even when I restart(windows restart) my PC but disappears if I switch on my PC after a complete shutdown. The problem started recently when Ive upgraded my PC.

[​IMG]

My Specs:
    AMD Barton 3000+ 333
    MSI ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Cat 4.8)
    nvidia nForce2 mainboard.
    1 GB (2*512) PC2700 DDR
    Win Xp Pro SP2

My hardware doctor show that my 12+v is out of range. Is this the cause?
    I reckon the fault is with my new ATI 9800 Pro. what do ya think

Plz help..

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Looks more like video driver problems.

Perhaps you should explain what you did to "upgrade"?

If you upgraded the motherboard etc without a full and complete reinstall of WIndows you can expect this and more issues, as an example.

3. sCrew

sCrew Thread Starter

Sorry to use the word upgrade..infact Ive brought a new Motherboard, CPU and Video card. The old ones: RAM, HDD, PSU etc

I did a clean install of winxp pro..
    but the instalation failed(the same problem..at format screen)when I tried to install with ATI 9800. So I've used my old geforce 4 to clean install winxp and plugged in the Radeon later. I use catalyst 4.8 and
    atioglxx.dll(v4.9) just for better performace in Doom 3.

Thanks in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice