1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

plz help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by baby_phat26, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baby_phat26

baby_phat26 Thread Starter

A folder on my computer got deleted and thrown in the recycle bin...that later got emptied.:mad: ,.,.Is there anyway I could get that folder back??? It was on the desktop.
    !*~Baby_Phat~*!

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi baby_phat26,
    What file was it? What operating system do you have?

3. baby_phat26

It was just a folder that I put a lot of stuff into,.,music files,school reports etc. My brother deleted it 2 nights ago. Operating system???
    !*~Baby_Phat~*!

4. pjones006

pjones006

If you don't have a backup you are unfortunately out of luck , once the bin is emptied its gone.

5. buf

buf

IF by chance, you happen to have Norton Utilities ALREADY installed on your computer, you "might" be able to retrieve the folder. Hope so and wish you luck. Let us know your results.

6. baby_phat26

Where do I go for backup??? I think the onl thing I have on my computer installed by Norton is the Anti-Virus thing. Would the Utilities be installed with it???
    !*~Baby+_Phat26~*!

7. pjones006

pjones006

Start >> programs >> accessories >> system tools >> backup.

8. buf

buf

Sorry but Nortons Utilities is a separate piece of software; not included with Nortons AntiVirus software. Such a shame to loose so much "history" and other wanted things. Perhaps in the future, and if you save something else that you don't want to loose, consider copying it to at least a floppy if you don't want to use the backup feature built into Windows indicated by pjonesoo6

9. esdxc37

esdxc37

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice