1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plz speak loudly, Win 7 has 'destroyed' audio

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 54behind, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 54behind

54behind Thread Starter

posted once but cannot locate my post, so I'll keep it short. I have looked thru these posts trying to find answer for Win 7 'eliminating' my audio, a common problem it seems. I have tried every fix a non techie can do; updating sound card driver, re-installing, and re-re-installing Win 7 Pro, checking all connections to speakers and verifying they still work, formatted both my drives and re-re-re-installed again, and still no audio. Sound card is built into a Tyan s2866 server motherboard and worked fine until I upgraded from Win XP Pro to Win 7 Pro (32 bit).

The errors I get are; no audio device installed, and yellow'!' next to MultiMedia Controller in device manager. Any help is appreciated, though please keep it simple, tech talk confuses the heck out of me.

Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Would this be it? :)

3. 54behind

54behind Thread Starter

would what be it? i found original post but since no one answered I can only assume no one knows....or else you tech guys cannot speak in layman terms....never mind, I'll see if my brother who built the daggone thing can figure it out, thanks anyway

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Sorry, I thought I had pasted a link.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!