1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PM question

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valley, Jan 11, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

How come I dont always get a popup window to tell me I have a new pm? Sometimes, I go to send a pm to someone, only to find that one that has been sitting there for an hour or two. Other times, I get a popup window telling me that I have one, as soon as I click on a thread. Does anyone else experience the same thing?

also......what's the limit of pm's before the box is full? My folders are getting a bit crowded and I cant find stuff that I wanted to save. I should probably clean house, lol.

2. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Valley when you Pm me there is a deny recipe with it, now when I pm you back when that happens you may not get it.

When I pm you by clicking you profile, you get it. You might what to check your Edit Options to see if this is uchecked somewhere or set up right.

It should be 30 Pm's but I'm not sure with this forum.

3. valley

valley Thread Starter

no Jay..thats not the problem. I'm getting your pm's ok, along with everyone else's. The problem is that the popup window that alerts you that you have pms doesnt seem to work half the time. I have it set to alert me but sometimes it doesnt.

Its not a big deal at all so dont worry about it. :)

4. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Yup Miss Val ... seems the server has been quirky lately, for I haven't been getting my popups either. :confused:

5. Dark Star

Dark Star

Oh yes the PM thingy ...

Yup I know what you're talking about with the PM popup notification window ... sometimes it does and other times it doesn't.

When you have ONE and only ONE browser open
    and ...
    You're not in the middle of making a post
    and ...

Say what? :confused:

Its not a big deal at all so dont worry about it.

valley you're killin me :D ... start a thread about it and the next post is like ......... ya ya ya dont sweat it I'm not :rolleyes:

Slow down a little bit ok ;)

You'll see a PM you'll see the PM popup notification sometimes

however.... If you have multiple browsers open
    and...
    you're going back and forth between them all there's a good chance that you will not see a popup notification.

It's got nothing to do with anything else in your settings it's more of a timing thingy and if Venus and Mars line up right you'll get the popup notification and otherwise you wont see it at all type thing.

Best thing is to REFRESH the Main page often and look for new PM's that may be sitting there unread.

Then again I'd bet the bank that angeleyes knows all the angles about PM's so it may be good to check with her. ;)

DS

6. Chris A

Chris A

What PM's?

Oh and DS don't talk about that Mars and Venus stuff makes me nervous you know? Kinda like "We have to talk" ;) And that's how I came here in the first place:D

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

200 pms is the maximum and that counts SENT as well as RECEIVED.......

At the bottom of the main forums page you can see your total PMs that are counting towards the limit......

8. valley

valley Thread Starter

ok ok.....I'm sweatin bullets here, folks. I cant sleep at night....i'm obsessing overly much.....I cant think straight, my life is a mess. You just gotta help me out with this pm thingie....life is bleak....there is no sunshine....tears are streaming down my face...oh boo-hoo..please please help me DS......you're my only hope.

9. valley

valley Thread Starter

thanks candy...:)

ho hum...I wish I had a little pm maid who'd organize that stuff for me. Better yet....its better to just stop being a virtual packrat.

10. ~Candy~

Oh, dear, you ARE in trouble............. :p

11. valley

valley Thread Starter

honey, I wuz in trouble the second I laid eyes on this place! ;)

12. Dark Star

Dark Star

Noooooooooo dont go there that's a whole other thread :eek:

... but since ya just had to :rolleyes:

If it hasn't happened yet it's bound to happen to ya at some point. You'll be typing a PM reply (this will happen whenever you make a nice lengthy one too trust me) ;) you'll hit the send button and you'll get get a
    special kind of popup notification that sez something like The person that you're trying to send a PM to has a full PM box and they will receive an e-mail to notify them to clear their PM box type message.

Well I dont know bout you but in my experience they wont check their e-mails ... BUT ... they will keep sending you PMs wondering what the deal is :confused: and you'll wind up starting a thread just to let em know Your PM box is full !!! :(

It gets better though because if ya didn't think to copy/paste whatever your PM reply was and save it to send later then you get to start all over :mad:

and btw Candy said 200 PM's is the limit but I was thinking that it was 150 PM's .... I'd go with whatever Candy tells me :D

13. ~Candy~

:D Not going there :D :D

Maybe it's just 200 for me ;)

14. Moby

Moby

How come everyone get's loads of pm's except me then?
    You all hate me. :(
    ;)

15. ~Candy~

I use your email ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice