1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PM9600 System Error Type -127

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by vja4Him, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

Our PM9600 was working just fine, until this morning. It started to boot, loaded all the extensions, then the bomb!! System error type -127.

I tried rebooting several times, same problem. Tried booting from Norton, Tech Tool Pro, and Disk Warrior, but the same error appears. I tried holding down the S key to turn off extensions, and also held down the C key to start from the CDs, but didn't work.

Any ideas? Is this PM toast? What can I do to get it to boot and try using a disk utility application?

-- Jim
    +_+_+_+_+_+_+

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hello:

Did it give you any other information with the error code? For example: fsDSIntErr (which is an HFS error indicating an internal file system error) or dsHMenuFindErr (a Menu Management Error indicating it could not find HMenu's parent in MenuKey)?

You are using Classic? Or did you upgrade to OS X?

Did you try booting with your OS system CD? If you are able to successfully, then empty your trash and reboot normally and see if that solves the problem.

Hope that helps! :)

3. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that I'm running OS 9.1, with a G3 500mHz upgrade. I tried using my old G3 startup disk from my dead G3 Blue & White. That didn't work either.

4. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

OK, so you do not have the original OS CD that came with the machine, correct?

5. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

I bought this PM9600 from LEM. Just received it in the mail about a week ago. The PM9600 has been upgraded with a G3 500Mhz card, and we do not have the original install disk.

I'm guessing that we are stuck, and cannot proceed further. I don't want to spend anymore money on this beast. Maybe I'll try taking my old HDs from my dead PM7300, and see if those will boot the machine. I can also take the G3 upgrade card from the dead PM7300 and see if that will make any difference.

I've never opened up a PM9600 ..... Maybe I'll tackle that project Monday?

6. Serge_N_Gin

Serge_N_Gin

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice