1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PNC format conversion

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cleanframe, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cleanframe

cleanframe Thread Starter

Hi all - I wonder if you can help?

I am trying to record time lapse movies of clouds in the sky above our gliding site. Our otherwise-excellent Panasonic network webcams weave their recorded still images (jpgs I think) into a proprietary format called .PNC and likewise videos in .ASF.

I have searched the internet and not found a way to convert these formats to anything useful like JPEG, MPEG or indeed anything else.

As far as I can see, the proprietary viewer from Panasonic does not export to another format - all you can do is Copy to Clipboard one image at a time.

Anyone found any solutions? Got any ideas for a workaround?

TIA

Phil

2. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

At the moment, there seems to be no soloutions or software out there that can convert the .pnc files to another workable format.

what make and model is your camera and what software are you using on your PC to view the files?

3. cleanframe

cleanframe Thread Starter

Thanks for the prompt reply. Looks like you have come to the same conclusion (n)

Using 1 x BL-C140
    and 2 x BB-HCM-531 cameras. I downloaded the sdviewer.exe from the Panasonic site for Windows which is a very basic, clunky thing IMO. It doesn't seem to output to anything. There is nothing for Mac AFAIK (my main OS).

It does seem such an obvious omission not to allow for the output to be at least convertible to popular formats. Panasonic don't surely imagine that the world is going to come round to PNC and ASF format at this stage, do they?

4. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

both those camera's should support Mpeg-4 recording.

5. moper

moper

There is always 'Print Screen'. Quality may suffer, though.

moper

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice