1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PnP conflct

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jimmy P, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Thread Starter

Having BIG computer trouble.

The Component section of the Trouble Shooter sez that I have "The system board extention for the PnP BIOS has a resource conflict." It recommends that I delete and replace it. I am in so much trouble now because I seem to have removed some vital DLLs that I'm afraid to remove anything else.

Can I safely remove it and how do I reinstall it?

Also under Device Manager in System Properties "Motherboard Resources" is listed 4 times. Is this correct?

2. Toddles18

Toddles18

in system devices you should be able to delete at will (as long as you have drivers to re-install after market devices) After you delete and restart windows should find the hardware and automatically re-install the devices, unless as I said at first it is a special device, then it will ask you for the location of the drivers. So make sure you have the drivers for anything special. As for motherboard resources being listed 4 times I would delete all of them and restart, windows should find them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice