1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PNY GT 220 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card-HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by bop240, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bop240

bop240 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of buying a GT220 with the following specs:
    PNY GT 220 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
    I have a HPXW4300 Desktop Workstation, with Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, Im not sure of any other details as I dont know much about PC's. but if there is additional information needed, I will try to supply it to the highest accuracy. I just wanted to know wether this Graphics Card would work with my PC?
    Thanks for reading.

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

ok, hp are useless, i just spent 10 mins trying to find out what your VGA interface is, if it is PCIx then you should be ok but it's probably AGP, have a look inside, AGP looks more like standard PCI but is set further back from the slots on the back.

3. bop240

bop240 Thread Starter

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  5. cybersloth

cybersloth

if that information is acurate and for your specific machine then it is PCI express so that card should fit, however you may need some power adapters or a better power supply.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice