1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pogo.com Not Working For Me

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by texastoy4her, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texastoy4her

texastoy4her Thread Starter

Hi All,

I am having trouble going onto pogo.com. Every time I try loading the page it gives me "address not found". I have tried firefox as well as IE and neither work. I have tried clearing my temp files and cookies and java cache. Still nothing. Even when I go into the command prompt and try pinging the site it does not work. I have rebooted the computer as well as the DSL and wirless router still with no luck. I also have a laptop that can't get on the site either.

I thought maybe it might be something with my firewall but even shutting down the firewall ( zonealarm) it still will not load the site.

I don't seem to have a problem loading any other sites, just pogo. And I know the site is up and running as I have spoken to friends who say they are on there with no problems.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. texastoy4her

texastoy4her Thread Starter

Just wanted to further update this.

I can ping the site using the IP addy of the site but can not ping it with www.pogo.com. Not sure if this matter but figured I would throw it out any how.

Also, on the laptop I also have a dial up account. I used the Dial up account and had no problems getting to the site. So obviously it's not something on the machines themselves. ( or at least I would think that....)

I have spoken to my ISP and they say they do not block or restrict any sites so it's not them. Also said that since I am able to ping the site with the IP addy then it shows the connection is open....

I have also found that I can get into a game room by using a backdoor, but still not able to load the home page or anything else.

I don't know if this is just something with this site that they need to deal with, or if it's something from my side with the DSL as the laptop dial up account had no poroblems??

Thanks again for the help.

3. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Since you can ping the site using the IP address, there is a DNS related issue at work.

Have you scanned ALL of your machines for spyware? If so, which tools did you use? Are you comfortable configuring your wireless router? If you are, you can try configuring it to use different DNS servers instead of the ones provided by your ISP. OpenDNS is a popular DNS solution and their site gives great instructions on how to configure your system or router to use their DNS servers.

Before switching DNS servers, let's first make sure there isn't any spyware or anything involved. :) Given you said you were able to connect to the site using your dial-up connection, chances are spyware isn't involved but we've got to be sure. :)

Peace...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice