1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pogo games not loading

Discussion in 'Games' started by mjstock113, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mjstock113

mjstock113 Thread Starter

Hello, I am a Pogo subscriber, and have tried Pogo help with no help at all. I am running Windows Vista, and have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox. There are several games that will not load at all. These are embedded games such as Poppit Sprint, Trizzle, Zuma's Revenge, Slingo Ricochet, Plants vs. Zombies. They were fine until about a month ago when I noticed they would not load at all. I used to have to click on "start game" while holding down the control key to open in a new window, but now they will start loading and freeze before finishing. I have downloaded the new Java (which I understand Chrome does not support), as well as the newest flash player. The computer "geeks" where I've taken my computer before said it might be because I'm running 32 bit (?) instead of 64 bit (?). Do you have any ideas for me?

2. PrivatePC

PrivatePC

Try using only Chrome and clear your cache. If you don't know how to do that then restore Chrome to defaults.

3. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Chrome no longer supports Java. Pogo has had notices all over the website for a week, recommending players experiencing problems with Java-based games to use Firefox or Internet Explorer browers.

Attached Files:

4. mjstock113

TulsaRose, Yes, I know Chrome no longer supports Java, that's why I said what I did in my original post. Unfortunately, the same error message appears in Firefox as well, so I'm not sure why that is happening. Some games load just fine, but others won't load at all, no matter what browser I use.

5. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    The particular games you refer to aren't in the list of Pogo "Java" games. So further investigation seems to be in order. :) Have you checked out EA Help for the topic Help! My Game Won't Load ? Lots of suggestions there including a section near the bottom of the page for Pogo Club Members.

I know how frustrating it can be when the games aren't working. I have played at Pogo since its beginning and I get easily torqued if there is one of those annoying Uh Oh moments. The one thing I have learned the hard way is to be more patient. Sometimes, just when I think the game isn't going to complete loading, it does. It can take 15-30 seconds. Switching from Chrome to Firefox just for Pogo was a major issue for me but, the games work so I'm a happy camper.

I'll keep researching your problem and you might check out the Pogo Forums in the meantime.

6. joe957

joe957

Using Pale Moon and Flash. No Java. I was able to play Poppit Sprint, Trizzle, Zuma's Revenge, Slingo Ricochet and Plants vs. Zombies. I only had to wait for 'ads' to complete.

7. mjstock113

Tulsa Rose, Yes, I have checked out Games Not Loading. I even had a thread in the games "Help" to which some people tried to help. It hasn't worked. Someone (an administrator?? or someone else "Mod Java") tried to help but everything they suggested hasn't worked. The games load on my computer here at school, (only about a year old) and at our church, but not on my laptop at home. Not sure what the problem is.

8. mjstock113

Joe957, What is Pale Moon? I've not heard of that!!

9. joe957

joe957

Pale Moon is a browser based on Firefox. Information page is linked below.

http://www.palemoon.org/info.shtml

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice