Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogo starts then stops

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  GentsBabe 
#1 ·
Dear Support. I have Windows XP Pro with a Pendium 4 Dual Processors, 80 Gig Hard Drive. 1 Gig Ram. My problem is Pogo games. I can start them then they freeze up but the background noise is still running. Used to run perfectly. My Java is up-to-date and I installed MS Java this morning. No help. Now I don't know what to try and I did clean out the caches. Can you suggest something else please. Thank you so much.

#2 ·
Hi, sorry to hear you're having a problem with the games. When they won't load, it's usually because of too much space being taken up by the Sun Java files, or Pogo's applets are corrupt.

When you cleared out your caches, do you mean the Java files or your puter files?

Sun Java: Start Menu > Control Panel > switch to Classic View > double click on Java > under the General Tab in Temporary Internet Files > if you click on "View", you'll see a list of EVERY file saved to your puter. You can select them all here and delete them or click "Close" to go back a screen and click on Settings. You can choose whether or not to allow Java to save any files to your puter, or you can set the amount of space used by it. Clicking 'Delete Files' will delete all the ones you were looking at earlier.

Microsoft's JVM, the applets are saved here: C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and it should say "game name by Pogo". They can be safely deleted, Pogo will just download an updated one next time you want to play. You might want to delete all the games by Pogo while you're there to get all the updated applets.

You can also turn the applet options off by logging into Pogo, clicking the "My Stuff" tab at the top, "My Account" and where it says "Install Games: Enabled - Change Install Games", click on the link "Change Install Games". Click in "Disable" to put a radio button there and the click "Change Installation Preference". Now you won't get the applets anymore and won't have to deal with them. This setting will reset when you clear out your Temp Files, caches and such, just so's you know.

I hope this helps you!!

#8 ·
GentsBabe; Thank you ever so much. My buddy read your post and then took off the Applets. Then it dawned on us it was a firewall built into the router maybe. It's a new router. We got the CD out, put it in and was able to turn off the built-in firewall. Mine and my wifes Pogo games are now working full speed. Maybe if someone else has a simular problem, you'll be able to help them as much as you did me. Again, thank you very much for your support. This is one great web-site and it is now in my favorite list.
Thank you GentsBabe
Butchboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.