Poinsett Bridge fall scenes

Littlefield

Poinsett Bridge Heritage Preserve comprises 120 acres and contains Poinsett Bridge, a 183-year-old arched stone bridge named for Joel R. Poinsett. It is believed to be the oldest surviving bridge in South Carolina. Poinsett, a Charleston native, was a prominent early resident of Greenville and a U.S. ambassador to Mexico. The poinsettia flower, which Poinsett introduced to the United States from Mexico, was named for him. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Poinsett Bridge was part of the State Road from Charleston through Columbia to North Carolina designed in 1817-19 by Poinsett, then director of the South Carolina Board of Public Works. Robert Mills, architect of the Washington Monument and many significant South Carolina buildings, may have designed Poinsett Bridge.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/mlands/managedland?p_id=39

I have always wanted to take fall pictures of this old bridge built in 1820 and did last week . Hope some enjoy.

Excellent photography and most beautiful scenery. Thank U for sharing.
Is this near Jones Gap?

Littlefield

Excellent photography and most beautiful scenery. Thank U for sharing.
Is this near Jones Gap?
Thanks, Coastal it is about 40 miles NE from Jones Gap . I like this one as the final print for the overall shot of the bridge .

But I really like the way the depth is shown in this shot.

Littlefield

Last ones and that grey rock not seen as connected to the bridge scene bothered me on the other picture above these two.

Littlefield

poochee, part of that especially evident on the right side and the left with blue-purplish rock is where some idiots defaced it with graffiti and DNR used chemical peel to remove it . They did it about a week before I took photos and the DNR guy I saw that day when I was there said it had been pretty bad.

I see that now. Unfortunately, there will always be creeps who do stuff like that.(n)

Guyzer

Guy
They are all nice shots lf but the first one is the kicker for me. I like the angle and the colors especially in the actual rock work. Good job.

Littlefield

They are all nice shots lf but the first one is the kicker for me. I like the angle and the colors especially in the actual rock work. Good job.
Thanks, Guy. I liked that capture the best too with the clean angle and loved the green moss on the old rocks of the bridge .
The final one of it above that I printed at 13 x 19 is getting custom framed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online