1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Point in Case

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Rendoveran, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rendoveran

Rendoveran Thread Starter

OK.
    So I'm your average-joe XP user (with no serious complaints save for a few networking errors here and there), who enjoys his windows-based PC, and enjoys his Windows-Only programs even more (such as Adobe Encore DVD and Adobe Premiere Pro). I have a friend who is a Linux fanatic, who has got me to thinking: is there something better out there?
    My challenge:
    Sum up for me, in ten points or so, why I should switch from XP to a Linux operating system.
    Have fun, and I'll be waiting for the replies.
    -R

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Read this thread for lots of reasons < http://forums.techguy.org/t199657&highlight=good+reasons.html >

Ok. Here is another.
    http://linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20679&highlight=why+use+linux

There is no "Reason" persay to use linux (unless you are security oriented). You seem happy with your windows set up, so perhaps you should stay with that. If you do make the switch i would reccomend dual booting for now. It allows you to play with linux, without losing windows.

3. tnik

tnik

you don't have to even dual boot, you can try knoppix or another live-cd distro out there.. It will run the linux environment on your computer without having to install anything..

One thing is, if your a point and click kind of person, and you don't feel like searching, reading, learning.. linux would not be for you.. Linux isn't close to being as 'user-friendly' as windows, even tho to me windows is the most un-friendly user-friendly OS out there :)

4. lynch

lynch

Give me ten reasons why we should do your homework for you? :rolleyes: ;)
    lynch

5. tnik

tnik

because, it's the weekend, my girl is all over me, beer is my number one study, and I just don't have time to sit in front of this computer for a half an hour and google.. :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice