1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pointer problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wa0goz, Oct 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. wa0goz

wa0goz Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8108 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 919 GB (762 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 088DT1
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I'm running a cordless M510 mouse. When I hover the pointer over an icon it doesn't show the printing for the icon like it used to. Does any one know how to make this work?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you referring to icons on your desktop or on websites?

3. wa0goz

wa0goz Thread Starter

The icons are on my desktop on an application. For example, if I look at the weather station there are icons for the next few hours and the next few days. Until recently, if I moused over them they had what the weather for that icon was. That function suddenly stopped.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK, well I know what you are referring to. Like an alt-text or balloon, but I haven't found any settings that would enable/disable it...

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Can't say that I've ever had pop up descriptions for desktop icons in Win7. The only thing that comes to mind is the pop up previews on the Taskbar.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice