1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor Audio Quality on mic

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ralphygarfield, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield Thread Starter

I downgraded from Vista to XP a couple months ago, but haven't had the oppurtunity to play with my webcam/audio feature until now. I'm on an Acer Aspire 5630 Laptop, with a built in cam and mic.

I had a great audio quality on Vista. Now suddenly my audio quality is very poor... not so much in the fact that it doesn't sound good, but that you can barely hear it.

Again, it worked great on Vista.

Now I've tried playing with all the settings... I've spent a lot of time tweaking things, but nothing fixes it. I think it may have something to do with the gay RealTek Audio Manager (which I'd like to get rid of, but don't know how). My audio quality is just very, very muffled and low-toned.

In Master Volume, I am using advanced settings and I have everything turned up full blast. In the mic's advanced settings, Bass and Treble are both set to as low as possible, and it doesn't allow me to move them or change them.

As for drivers, according to driveragent.com, these are the only drivers which are out of date or missing:

- Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus (missing)

- Intel(R) 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4
    - USB Video Device
    - Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    - Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D6
    - Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D4
    - Intel(R) 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9
    - SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller
    - USB Composite Device

There must be something that's not right or I'm missing.

PLEASE, PLEASE help me out here, or I may think about switching back to Vista :eek:

2. ralphygarfield

Come on. No one can even help me on THIS?

3. ralphygarfield

Ok. What is it I do wrong?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/720383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice