1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor Dsl Speed...help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by britishbeef, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britishbeef

britishbeef Thread Starter

I just installed sprint dsl today, decided to check my speeds and found out they were really low, compared to what they advertised, for instance 265download as opposed to 500, i checked my distance from the CO and i am 1.3 miles so that cannot be the problem, i have double checked my connections splitters,filters etc, and still to no avail, i tried using the TCPoptimizer and when it recommended i change my mtu to 576 i gave up on that, as you know by now i have not tweaked my os, i will be grateful for any resources you guys can give, recommended software tweaks or manual registry entries anything at all.

XP PRO
    800Mhz intel chipset
    256 ram
    sprint {supplied} dsl modem
    40 gigs HD

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, make sure that your interior wiring is optimal, I'd personally run a direct connection from the telco terminal point to your modem using good twisted pair wire, and put a single filter on the other leg that goes to all the telephone equipment. Poor wiring and multiple filters will degrade the DSL connection significantly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/235814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice