1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor Gaming on Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Armenix, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Armenix

Armenix Thread Starter

Hello all, i just got a brand new HP computer (got it today, see specs listed at bottom of post) with the infamous Vista, and after installing Warcraft 3 TFT, i noticed....the game runs like crap. Utter crap. My 6 year old computer with 512 MB of RAM and Nvidia GeForce 4200 runs the game at max settings and makes the game pur like a kitten...it runs it the way it should be running...and this new computer runs it like the computers 10 years old.

Because of this, i figured it must just be a driver problem. I went to Nvidia's website, followed their advise on getting all the new Windows Vista hotfixes/updates, got the latest video drivers directly from Nvidia, and it still runs the same. I got rid of all that proprietary crap and all the other initial junk that came with the system originally. I installed it on my parents brand new laptop, with 2 Ghz of RAM (Vista still) and it still ran terribly. I even tried downloading "Vista Smoker Pro" which optimizes your computer for gaming, and even that didn't alter my performance. Can anyone tell my what it is i can do? Is this just because Vista is Satan in digital form? Is it the computer? Here's the specs:

HP S3223W
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 Ghz
    1024MB (894 MB) DDR2 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Windows Vista Premium 32-Bit OS

Let me know what you guys think...i'm not too pleased so far with Vista -_-.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I think you need to do some Game research and find out if the versions of these game are compatible with Vista. Most of the issues with games and Vista is with the games.

You need to check things out and not JUST go and install things that you don't know if they will work or not.

3. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Its your onboard video card, You have a Nvida 6150 and its very bad for games to play. You'll need to get a decent video card in order to max on games.

4. NIGHT5ER

NIGHT5ER

Besides, most computers nowadays are based on CPU power but most video games use burly any CPU power a Video Card Memory. I play a new game called Command & Conquer 3 it uses about 20 - 60 % CPU and mostly memory. So buy some memory 2 gigs is perfect for Vista, and a new graphics card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice