1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor HP Laserjet Photo Quality

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sudz, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sudz

Sudz Thread Starter

We just purchased a HP CM1415fnw Laserjet All-in-one to replace an older Inkjet model. The Laserjet is pretty fantastic and will do about everything but shine your shoes. However...

Printing photographs either directly from a high res jpeg or as scanned is.. well, poor. Looks like blotchy old You-tube quality pics.

There's no reason to think the printer is faulty since text and graphics from the web print fine. I recognize the color resolution on this thing is only 1200 by 1200 but that's similar to our old inkjet and it prints excellent quality pictures.

Anyone have any suggestions with respect to how to improve this poor photo quality or at least how to understand why it is what it is?

Thanks

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You do realize that Laser printers will rarely give the Picture quality that an inkjet will.

3. Sudz

Sudz Thread Starter

Yes, I do understand that lasers do not match ink for picture quality but our CM1415 isn't acceptable period. I'm not trying to make photo quality pictures but I did expect something better than what I'm seeing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/966831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice