1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor performance after using VGA to HDMI adapter on my pc

Discussion in 'Games' started by LakeCocoa, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakeCocoa

LakeCocoa Thread Starter

So a few days ago I got my PC, after plugging everything in I realised my monitor uses a VGA cable which isn't supported by my graphics card,so I used a VGA to HDMI adapter and plugged it in. I realised my resolutions are messed up, it shows more resolutions than it should ex. 1440x900(native) but I can go all the way up to 1920x1080 which my monitor can't support, even though I'm on my native resolution, everything looks bad quality, it's especially visible in games, I literally have to turn anti aliasing to the max for it to look playable, but here is the worst part, I have performance issues, fps drops and overall bad performance for this gpu and cpu combo, looking at some benchmarks on YouTube I see a pretty big difference in performance. I don't know what to do and is it because of the monitor or am I just missing something?

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 1400

Msi GTX 1060 6GB OC

16GB 2400MHz DDR4 in Dual-channel

1TB HDD

120GB SSD

Windows 10 Pro

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What is the make and model number of the monitor?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice