1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor picture/audio on XP Media Center Video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chief13, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chief13

chief13 Thread Starter

hello, the other day i set up a dedicated media pc running windows xp media center. i have noticed that the picture through the media center player is not as good as the picture from WMP. it is sharper and has more vivid colors. I would like to use media center since the interface is much easier to use from my couch. is there any way that i can fix this? also i have a weird audio issue. i hook up the audio to my tv input and it sounds fine through the tv speakers, but i can't get any sound through my reciever and stereo speakers. when i'm watching through my regular cable signal it's loud and clear though the stereo but as soon as i switch to PC input i have to crank the volume all the way up and i can only hear the slightest sound from the speakers. i have tried bypassing the tv and going straight through the receiver via rca cables and it's the same thing. thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice