1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor results using 3DMark03

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prometheus, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Prometheus

Prometheus Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I carried out a test on my PC using 3DMark03 and got a very poor result of 1733. This seems a bit low to me considering that i have a fairly fast machine.

Win2K Pro
    Pentium 4 2.4Gb (B) processor
    2 x 256Mb DDR400 Corsair TwinX
    Gigabyte 8SQ800 - Dual Channel DDR400
    Geforce4 Ti4600 128Mb DDR
    40Gb Maxtor 7200RPM HDD

Any ideas why this may be and how i can increase the performance ? OC is not an option that i want to go with as i feel the setup i have should perform better without going down that road.

Kind regards
    Prom

2. McTimson

McTimson

You're supposed to get low scores with 3D Mark 2k3. Try 3d Mark 2001, and then look at your score. You should notice a vast improvement. 2003 was designed for video cards that aren't even out yet, so don't expect great scores with that one.

3. Morania

Morania

Killer answer. No one would have guessed that in a million years.

4. max 8

max 8

The reason your 3dmark2003 score is low is because the Nvdia GF4 Ti vid cards only support up to pixel shader 1.3 while 3dmark2003 has tests that test the newer pixel shader 1.4 and higher which only the newer ATI RAdeon vid cards support.

Look at the bright side, your 3dmark2003 is kinda high for nvidia vid cards.

Just run 3Dmark2001SE and see what your score is. My 3dmark2001SE score w/ my Ti4200 is 14,621.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!