1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

poor sound quality with dvd-R

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by koalalumper, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. koalalumper

koalalumper Thread Starter

im currently transferring vhs tapes to dvd-R format. Video quality is fine but sound quality is poor. Im using arcsoft showbiz dvd 2 and im using my home cinema audio through my vcr/dvd combi by LG. The manual with arcsoft showbiz dvd is rubbish and i believe their tech support is poor so im looking for someonw with some experience of the software to help me out here. Possibly it is due to the quality of sound on the tape and possibly due to limitations in the arcsoft software(y)

2. Sponsor

3. WarByrd

WarByrd

on the software options should be a audio setting.... what is it set at?

4. WarByrd

WarByrd

and how exactly are you doing this transfer?

5. koalalumper

Im transferring using video capture kit with scart one end and USB connection and microphone jack on the other. The hardware is by a company called C N M Lifestyle Electronics and its called Click and convert.The audio settings on the software is restricted to 2 speakers, no other settings as far as i can see.

Thanks for your reply ;)

6. alexcarlson

alexcarlson

Hi
    Nice discussion I enjoyed all posts informative.

Thanks

7. WarByrd

WarByrd

the sound is sketchy because you are loading it in through the microphone port, check your main volumes on the volume control panel, and turn the mic up? if that also fails.... try a diffrent player, or another audio arrangement.

8. koalalumper

thanks warbyrd for your response....can you tell me if im right in thinking the sound and the video are captured via the scart connection on the hardware connected to the vcr ? If this is the case then maybe the problem has been caused by a combination of the mic lead being needlessly connected and or the volume settings as you mentioned. The harware has a USB connection and mic lead connection for the pc at one end and the other end has three composite leads (male yellow white red) with a scart adaptor and aslo an s video connection

hope you understand wehat i mean...

thanks again for you help..im sure i will get there in the end....i bought the hardware from maplins...maybe they can assist if i cant solve the problem.
    thanks again ;)

9. WarByrd

WarByrd

Svideo is strictly video only. (I am sure you already know this) I would say that the USB cable powers the scart and the mic is to record the sound. However try to unplug one or the other, also double check cable tightness to both machines. Your mic port could be loose, or the cable cheap, or even the VHS ports? Best bet is too start a recording and jiggle the audio cables, and unplug the mic and plug it back in, but do all this within the first 5 minutes, as you play back you can see what happens.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/910996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice