1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Poor sound quality

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Boxdoc, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boxdoc

Boxdoc Thread Starter

I had a large music collection on my old system (XP sp2). After a motherboard death, I pulled the hard drive and installed it as a slave in my new system. (Presario SR1724NX).
    The sound quality is very poor. Sounds echo(y), and some of the vocal tracks are almost inaudible.
    I have tried Media Player 10 and RealPlayer and both sound alike.
    I am thinking the Sound Card is bad, but before I buy a new one I am hoping someone will have some suggestions.
    Also recommendations for a good sound card and speakers are welcome. I don't have a "Golden Ear", but I would like it to sound good.

Thanks

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

First thing to do is try uninstalling and re-installing the sound card drivers.

3. Boxdoc

Boxdoc Thread Starter

OK I'll give it a try.
    thanks

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

is this onboard sound, if not try the card in another slot.

remove it in dm, reboot and see if it works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/459566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice