1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pop up ad when closing explorer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jssch, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jssch

jssch Thread Starter

Ok I have an annoying popup ad everytime I close IE. How do I get rid of it?

2. rude

rude

It would help if you could give us your System info as well as more specific info about the popup.With vague info like you have given us,noone can help you.

3. jssch

jssch Thread Starter

4. rude

rude

Try clearing out your TIF and other temp files.
    In Internet Options, under the General tab click the Delete temporary internet files, choose to delete all Offline content.
    Also, go to Start - Search - Files or folders - in the named box, type: *.tmp and choose Edit - select all - File - delete.
    While you're at it,empty the contents of your cookies folder.
    Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Empty Recycle bin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice