Tech Support Guy banner

Pop-up ads on this web site

772 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  TechGuy 
#1 ·
For some reason starting today I am getting pop-up ads on this website. I have never had this before. This is the only website I have this problem. I don't mind some ads on websites but the ads are taking up the top half of my laptops screen. Even posting this is difficult because I only have a small amount of vertical space to work with.

#4 ·
That's not a pop-up, but a misplaced ad by Google. We use Google's AdSense service to provide ads and it seems to be having a problem and placing ads in the header of the website for some reason. I'm trying to find a way to prevent it, but it's difficult to troubleshoot as it's not happening consistently. Thanks for letting me know that it's still happening, though. It hasn't happened on my computer today.

#5 ·
I just checked my desktop computer. I am seeing those same ads with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. However, I do not see the ads with Edge or Chrome. This indicates whether you see the ads or not depends upon what web browser you are using. When you troubleshoot the problem make sure you keep that in mind.

#10 ·
I made the following change in Firefox Options to get rid of the annoying ads:
Privacy & Security
Browser Privacy
Enhanced Tracking Protection
(X) Strict

This may cause problems on other web sites but for now I will go with it. If only a few sites have problems I can deal with them individually by adding them to the list of exceptions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.