1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pop up blocker help.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by babygirl2, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. babygirl2

babygirl2 Thread Starter

Dear support guy, I am sorry if i am posting this in the wrong spot, but i need help. I am a member of a game website called Pogo. it says to download java sun which i did and then to put its website name in my pop blocker to allow it to show me my stats, etc.... which again i did. but i still can not see my stats and etc... I also can not play some of the games on the website due to this. can you help me? :confused:
    Thank you.
    sincerely,
    babygirl2 :)

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Do you know who makes the popup blocker you're running?

3. gtard*10^kp

gtard*10^kp

i assume that you are using internet explorer and some kind of downloaded program that blocks the opening of extra internet explorer windows...if that is the case then there is a pretty simple solution to that. stop using internet explorer and the pop-up stopper. go to www.mozilla.org or google mozilla and download firefox. it is a more secure browser with pop-up blocker built in.
    gtard

4. babygirl2

babygirl2 Thread Starter

I think its the yahoo pop up blocker thats giving me the trouble.
    babygirl2

5. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Have you tried to just disable the Yahoo popup blocker when playing at Pogo and if so, does it work fine if you do that?

6. babygirl2

babygirl2 Thread Starter

yes i uninstalled the yahoo blocker but it keeps doing it anyways. i tried everything i know but i do not know what else to try.the one i have left is microsoft. I added to allow the site but it did not help. sorry i did not answer earlier i had gotten sick.
    thank you

7. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Check the restricted zones in Internet Explorer. In IE click on Tools>InternetOptions>Security>Restricted. Then click on the Sites button. If it's listed, remove it

Also try adding it to Trusted Zones.

8. babygirl2

babygirl2 Thread Starter

I'm afraid it did not work. at this point I think I give up. I am getting so frustrated with it. I appreciate everyones help and I thank you very much for trying to figure it out.
    I think I am a lost cause.lol.....
    I wish I could experiment with the different things but I really know nothing about computers and am afraid to click on things and wind up ruining my computer.
    Thank you again everyone for your help.
    Babygirl2 :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!