1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pop up blockers

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by montemag, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. montemag

montemag Thread Starter

Hello people-- I have spybot search and destroy-- but even with that I get so many pop ups. I also have panicware pop up blocker that was given to us OPTIMUMUM cable users for free. I have that put on aggressive pop up removement and I cleared the preferences out of ALL allowed sites and I have Norton Internet security also enabled with do not allow ads--- YEt guess what-- I get a ton of pop ups!!! Is there any really good program out there (hopefully free) that is really good and problem free. I went on a site called epinions.com where regular people review certain items and alot of people say that Lavasofts adaware causes a lot of IE freezing and other problems?? What should one do???

2. thatcoolguy

thatcoolguy

I would suggest going to www.google.com and looking at their FREE tool bar. It has pop-up blocking built in. I've been using it for a while now and really like it. (y)

3. joe2cool

joe2cool

4. burn

burn

i miss ie 4.x where you could set the program to igonre open window commands.... ..... .....

5. brindle

brindle

my favorite popup stopper is Opera . I never had a popup since using it. Just opened IE6 to check on something and was so bombarded, well enought said. dump M$ and follow mine or joe2cool's advice. You won't be disapointed.

6. brindle

brindle

Burn this IE 4 is for you.

7. jnibori

jnibori

montemag -

Are you getting these pop-ups while you are browsing? I, too, use Panicwares pop-up stopper, and they never get through.

Are you possibly referring to the pop-ups that use the feature called Messenger Service? Have a look here:

http://www.novatone.net/mag/messenger.htm

8. raybro

raybro

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!