1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pop Up Keeps Shutting Me Down

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by olegrl43, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. olegrl43

olegrl43 Thread Starter

I have a hewlet packer compaq presario F700 notebook pc,
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 dual core processor TK-5
    1.00 GB
    system type 32 bit operating system

the problem i'm having is that whenever i'm on a site whether it be work related or just playing games a small window pops up quite often, it says Blank Window and then it will change what ever site i'm on and i when hit the back button or try to X out,,another window pops up saying internet exployer has stopped working, do i want to wait ,restart or close. the only choice i have is to close because the other choices won't work It may happen when i click on an icon or it may happen after i've been on a web page for an hour or so. It makes no sense, But it is causing havoc.:mad: Please be aware that im totally PC illiterate. Please can you help me.

Thanks
    Be Safe
    Darlene

2. dvktc

dvktc

try using another internet browser. may i recomend using firefox. you can get it for free from.\
    www.mozilla.com/firefox/

3. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

You have malware/spyware or even a virus.

What Antivirus are you using?
    You should download Ad-Aware and scan your computer, as well as do a safe-mode virus scan.

Using a different browser might help, or it might just be a temoprary fix.

4. olegrl43

olegrl43 Thread Starter

I have Norton Anti virus & scanner,,,Yes I agree on the temp. fix. so I haven't done that. It ahs to be adware or malware. It started about 3 weeks after my son-in-law had downloaded alot of codecs and divex crap and every lse that goes along with that movie stuff. It started making pc go real slow so i uninstalled everything I could find that he put on here. Then the pop ups started. and has just gotten worse over the last 2 or 3 weeks.Do yall not help with looking over the files and registry anymore? I had a problem with my desk top about a year ago and one of the tech guys walked me thru on deleteing crap out of my registry that was causing the problem.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Be Safe
    Olegrl43

5. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

If it's your registry you want cleaned, I recommend a program called CCleaner.

It's free, easy to use, and helps clear out all the clutter that a computer can accumulate.

Word of warning though, editing/deleting values through the registry can be dangerous. CCleaner allows you to create a backup of any registry value that you decide to delete, so that if anything goes wrong all you have to do is open the saved file from CCleaner and the old regisrty value is put back in.

6. olegrl43

olegrl43 Thread Starter

Thank You, This Thread Is Closed
    Be Safe
    olegrl43

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!