1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pop up removal

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jalesie, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jalesie

jalesie Thread Starter

How can I stop pop up ads? I have Macafee privacy software, with block ads checked, but it doesn't stop it.

Thanks,

Joel

2. raybro

raybro

3. karbo

karbo Banned

Go get the firewall ZoneAlarm Pro. I garantee your problem will be solved. So far, it's the only pop up and ad killer I found that really works. It's really amazing and easy to configure.

4. jalesie

jalesie Thread Starter

Thanks, downloaded spybot s and d, let's see if this works!

Joel

5. Bruce319

Bruce319

raybro, he doesn't have problems with spyware to be using Spybot, and by glancing at the second link. It looks like a web browser that you are offering him. Like I said, I didn't read what it can do, and I'm sure it can block some adds, but he wants a simple solution like Popup Stopper. All he has to do is download the freeware and install it. He will then have the option to run it in his startup, or manually turn it on when he needs it, while still be using his current web browser.
    However jalesie, if you would like to take the other route of using a new browser, then raybro suggestion is good and you can ignore mine, even though you can use both suggestions for a better popup blocker.

6. Bruce319

Bruce319

7. raybro

raybro

I'm a great fan of belt AND suspenders. Spyware can. indeed, cause popups and it is best to cover that base. The alternate browser (MyIE2) has a very effective popup stopper. Better than any stand alone popup stopper I tried, and I tried a number of them. Just my humble opinion. :D

8. karbo

karbo Banned

Try ad-aware first, than go get ZoneAlarm Pro.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!