1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pop-Up Stopper - (Panicware) If you have paid version, need your advice

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by marie500, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Just got a new computer w/XP Home. I downloaded a fresh copy of Pop-Up Stopper Free Version. (From Panicware.) Something's wrong - now I can't open my own files in windows (without disabling it). It's blocking my OWN windows from opening! JPG files mainly. But it's strange - some open okay, some are totally blocked - I can't figure out what makes them different. Confused! The free version offers nothing in the way of deciding what is blocked and what isn't, so there's nothing I can really do, except disable it.

It allows links on web pages to open just fine, without the Shift & Click routine. (Which I like.)

I'd like advice from anyone else who uses any of the Pop-Up Stopper (PAID) versions. I'd gladly purchase one of the paid versions of this if I can open my windows! But I want to be very sure that I won't end up with my windows continuing to be blocked.

Here's their website:
    http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html

Thanks for any help/advice/recommendations.

2. Miz

Miz

I don't have the paid version but I did solve the same problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the free version.

3. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Thanks, Miz, that did it! Now they open the way they should!

4. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

OH NO! It's gone right back to blocking them again!! Just a few hours since I posted. I haven't touched them since then.
    (I sent an email to Panicware, inquiring...but I'll be surprised if they answer someone who uses the free program.)

Any settings, etc. in XP Home that could be causing this?

Miz, do your folders still open okay?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice