1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pop ups in bottom right corner of screen

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by amvele5182, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amvele5182

amvele5182 Thread Starter

I keep getting pop ups in the bottom right corner for how to remove eye bags and lip, and other adds that I never asked for. How do I stop them from coming in? They are very annoying and unwanted. I have disabled pop ups, and checked plug ins there is nothing there. I have a Dell Inspiron 5558

Attached Files:

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. amvele5182

amvele5182 Thread Starter

I have run a scan on the computer using Malwarebytes and that came up clean no viruses on the computer.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Go to Settings, System, and then Notifications
    There you have many options including a list of sites that have been set to send you notifications.
    You can turn OFF any that you do not want to see.

This is a new trick for the spammers to use, so you need to check the list often!

5. britekguy

britekguy

Additional details about your system, and the OS on it, would be helpful.

One of the forum rules, which is a great one, is: It is recommended that you download and run the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) and include the log produced in your post.

Giving a Speccy Snapshot, if you prefer Piriform's Speccy Utility, works too. I personally prefer the level of detail given by Speccy, but even the basics from the TSG utility are the essential starting point.

6. britekguy

britekguy

I apologize for not having noticed that you posted a screen shot as it was a docx file. This looks as though it's coming from Chrome, and is likely a junk "push notification" from somewhere.

See:
    Turn notifications on or off - Computer - Google Chrome Help
    and
    How to Enable or Disable Push Notifications in Chrome

Pay particular attention to what's shown in the "allowed" list. I allow none, so it's empty for me.

This mechanism is parallel to the Windows 10 Notifications, though it does exploit it.

7. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As you can see from your attachment, it is a Google Chrome pop up ad
    Normally these adds come from someone on the computer searching the general subject of the add.
    It would not have to be "eye bags" specifically but anything related to the general subject
    Check your Chrome extensions to see if you have an extension
    localclassifiedlist.net

If you do = remove it

Open Google Chrome browser.

2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.

then select it and click remove

IF it is not listed download AdwCleaner
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

refuse any offer for any free trials of mlawarebytes
    I know you have run Malwarebytes and it was negative but Malwarebytes AdwCleaner is different

Run the program BUT before you do select settings on the left of the GUI
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/gu...er-User-Guide.pdf?d=2019-10-24-14-24-03--0700

and TURN OFF everything except use the cloud database
    that is on the above guide under

Application Settings
    then allow the program to scan and quarantine anything found
    DO NOT delete what it quarantines.

Then after restart open the program again and under the heading LOGS on the left pane
    select the scan log -

You may sort on any header field, and you may view any log file by double-clicking the log to open it.

and attach it to your reply

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Agreed with MacBoat. This is typically caused by an extension that may have been inadvertently installed without the users' knowledge. Deleting it from Extensions should take care of it.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!