Pop-Ups REALLY Suck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BMComputer

Hey yall, I just have a little problem that I'm sure many unexperienced computer users have. I have gone through MSN Explorer for about a year now, and all is great. The server seems to always be up and I never really have a problem getting on. I go through DSL. :mad: But I can not seem to figure out how to get rid of these darn pop-ups. :mad: What's funny is MSN Explorer doesn't have any pop-ups but when they do appear they are under Internet Explorer. Due to laziness and lack of finances I haven't been able to purchase software for a spam and popup blocker. I have however downloaded numerous amounts of programs that never really seemed to work but made it worst. I have a feeling that all these popups is the cause of some sort of virus. They include various amounts of things and it's not like they just occur on certain sites. They randomly pop-up, and when they do they :eek: come in dozens at a time :eek: and it seems the more I close them the more that popup. :confused: So if anybody has any suggestions for a successful popup blocker download and/or virus protection program that is preferably free... cheaper the better though. ;) Any HELPFUL opinions would be much appreciated. Thank-you! :)

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
We should check to see if you are infected.

Click here to download Hijack This: http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Let it extract to C:\Program Files

Close out any open browsers
Launch the program
Hit "do a system scan only"
When that finishes, hit "save log"
The log will open in Notepad
Copy & paste that log into this thread

Do not fix anything yet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online