1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pop ups??

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Faithful one, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Faithful one

Faithful one Thread Starter

Does anyone know a free pop up blocker. I was using adsgone and it expired.
    FAithful one

2. normmork

normmork

3. Faithful one

The link you sent wont show page??? Is it correct?

4. normmork

normmork

5. Faithful one

got it..thanks!

6. BillC

BillC

You can test it here and find other free ones as well. :)

7. $teve

$teve

the latest google toobar has a very good popupstopper.

8. Faithful one

Do you have a link for me?

9. Faithful one

On google toolbar, which I found , do I click the enable advance or dusable advacne button?

10. $teve

$teve

im unsure of what the advanced features are but i always choose "without"

;)

11. Faithful one

Gotcha..I htink I did advanced so I will try to uncheck that and check disable advance button

12. $teve

$teve

found this:

Introduction

We understand and respect that you are concerned about your privacy. That's why we want you to know that if you choose to enable the Google Toolbar's advanced features (e.g., viewing the PageRank of web pages), the URLs of the sites you visit will automatically be forwarded to Google. The purpose of our Toolbar Privacy Policy is to inform you of this process, explain the type of information Google is collecting, and explain how you can enable or disable the advanced functionality.

Overview

Google is committed to helping its users ensure their privacy.

Google may collect information about web pages that you are viewing when the advanced functionality is enabled. However, this advanced functionality is optional, and can be easily disabled and re-enabled at any time (by selecting "Privacy Information..." in the Toolbar's "Google" menu.)

You will know the advanced functionality is enabled when the PageRank meter is visible on your Google Toolbar.

Google only collects the normal type of information that is already available to the websites you visit. This means, Google cannot collect, for example, your name, email address, telephone number, etc.

Google will not sell or provide personally identifiable information to any third parties.

Google will notify you if it changes these policies and will give you the opportunity to discontinue using the Google Toolbar.

More Information

Periodically, the Google Toolbar contacts our servers to see if you are running the most current version. If necessary, we will automatically provide you with the latest update to the Google Toolbar.

Some features available on the Google Toolbar can enhance your search and browsing experience, but may require that we have some understanding of the web pages that you are viewing. For example, by knowing which web page you are viewing, the PageRank feature of Google Toolbar can show you Google's ranking of that web page. Google can also use this information about the pages you have viewed to improve functionality or quality, or add new features.

at least your able to turn them off if you wish.

ill stick with my "un-advanced" version.
    :D

13. Faithful one

So I went in options on the tool bar and unchecked "use google as my default serch engine in internet explorer" Is that how I disable that???
    I hate this, I get used to one program and it runs out and I have to find another and learn all over YIKES!

14. Faithful one

Now on google toolbar I see that it blocked popups ..does it have a place that shows me what it was thatw as blocked?? The only thing on the google toolbar is this:
    google ( then a white box) the search web
    then a newspaper looking thing
    then rank page ( whatever this is)
    the how many have been blocked
    then an ornage square ??
    then options

Is htat what is on yours??

faithful one

15. $teve

$teve

yes.............thats all............as long as it woks for me i dont want it singing and dancing,just keeping the popups away
    ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice