1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pope health failing ?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by LANMaster, Oct 1, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

Pope 'In a Bad Way,' Close Adviser Quoted as Saying

More in this Link

VATICAN CITY — Ailing Pope John Paul II is "in a bad way," one of his closest advisers said in an interview published Tuesday, calling on the faithful to pray for him.

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I hope he is doing as well as he can for as old as he is. Parkinson's Disease can be so awful! :( I know one thing....he isn't afraid of death. He looks like he could use eternal rest. God bless him! Take care. angel

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Mike: An update article. Take care. angel

Cardinal Expresses Alarm About Pope's Health
    Vatican Downplays Reports Of Poor Health

POSTED: 2:34 p.m. EDT October 2, 2003

VATICAN CITY -- Even as the Vatican tries to downplay rumors about the health of Pope John Paul II, another cardinal has expressed alarm, saying the pontiff is nearing "the last days and months of his life."

The remark comes from Austrian Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn, considered a possible candidate for the papacy.

The pope suffers from Parkinson's disease and has looked increasingly weak in the past month.

Schoenborn told Austrian state broadcaster ORF that the world is seeing a sick, disabled and dying pope. The cardinal's spokesman said later that the comments were "to be interpreted philosophically."

The German magazine Bunte recently quoted a German cardinal as expressing similar sentiments.

Meantime, the pope's closest aide is trying to downplay recent reports about the pontiff's health.

The aide, Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz, made a rare statement to reporters while John Paul was meeting with the president of Lithuania.

The aide referred to recent comments attributed by Bunte to a cardinal, who was quoted as saying the pope was "in a bad way."

The aide says the cardinal now indicates he never gave an interview -- but was merely replying to "someone he met on the street." He says the cardinal simply urged people to mention the pope in their prayers.

The aide also noted that "many journalists who in the past have written about the pope's health are already in heaven."

Meantime, the head of the governing body for the Catholic Church in France told a radio network the pope is "very ill" -- but that he can still lead the church.

4. Hergé

Hergé Guest

You would better take a look at the video footage of the pope dribbling over children like a demented peadophile.

http://www.theonion.com/onion3819/pope_forgives.html

VATICAN CITY-Calling forgiveness "One of the highest virtues taught to us by Jesus," Pope John Paul II issued a Papal Decree Monday absolving priest-molested children of all sin.

"Though grave and terrible sins have been committed, our Lord teaches us to turn the other cheek and forgive those who sin against us," said the Pope, reading a prepared statement from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. "That is why, despite the terrible wrongs they have committed, the church must move on and forgive these children for their misdeeds." "As Jesus said, “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone,” the Pope continued. "We must send a clear message to these hundreds-perhaps thousands-of children whose sinful ways have tempted so many of the church's servants into lustful violation of their holy vows of celibacy.

The church forgives them for their transgressions and looks upon them not with intolerance, but compassion." The Papal announcement arrives in response to public outcry over the sex scandal sweeping the Catholic church in the United States of America. Though official church doctrine condemns such transgressions, the Pope's decision, observers say, is intended to demonstrate the church's willingness to put the scandal behind it and restore the public trust. “By forgiving these children, primarily churchgoing boys between the ages of 5 and 15, the Pope has shown true Christian kindness," said Father Thomas O'Malley, a member of the New York Archdiocese and one of the many priests implicated in charges of sexual activity with minors.”

"The pope is saying that, in their own way, these sinful youths are victims, too. Through their absolution, he sends the important message that empathy, contrary to what nay-sayers and critics in the secular media would have us believe, does have a place in modern Catholicism." For Catholics waiting for the Pope to break his long silence on the scandal, the sweeping, decisive nature of his response has come as welcome relief. "The Pope has shown great love and compassion, much as Jesus did when he ministered to tax collectors and whores," said Cardinal Bernard Law of Boston. "Despite all they have done to jeopardize the careers of so many priests-to say nothing of imperilling the priests' immortal souls-the church embraces these under-aged seducers and tempters with open arms.”

The Pope's words and actions prove that the church is willing to put an end to the suffering and let the healing begin." The mass absolution is being hailed by church scholars (?) as one of the Vatican's most progressive acts since the Second Vatican Council in 1962. "One cannot overstate the break from tradition this represents," said lay administrator Bruce McConnachie of the Los Angeles archdiocese. "After all, under church doctrine, the act of seducing a priest is considered a grave sin against the laws of God, punishable by condemnation to Hell for all eternity. But the pope has put all of that aside. He has let bygones be bygones.”

For this, all of those misbehaving, sexy little guys should feel grateful.

By showing such willingness to forgive and forget, the Pope has sent a clear message: “Even though these boys have done much to undermine and subvert the priestly vows of celibacy, they are still deserving of God's love." Margaret Leahy, 39, a Somerville, MA, homemaker and mother of one of the alleged seducers, expressed relief over the Pope's announcement. "For months, I feared that my boy-and the dozens of others who committed sinful acts with Father Halloran before he was moved to the safety of another parish to protect him from further temptation at their pre-pubescent hands-was going to Hell for what he'd done." Leahy said.

"It's the worst feeling a mother can know. But thanks to the forgiveness of the pope, my long nightmare is finally over. He was just a boy of 8 at the time. He didn't know any better. Thank you, your Holiness, for giving my poor little Timothy a second chance at redemption." However, not everyone within the Catholic church is so supportive of the Pope's actions. "What kind of a message is the Pope sending today's children? That it's okay to seduce priests?" said one concerned Baltimore priest who asked to remain anonymous due to a pending court case.

"With the Pope's announcement, the church is essentially telling its youngest members, “Go ahead and let Father So-And-So reach into your swim trunks at the church-youth-group pool party. It's okay, the Pope will forgive you in the end. Without fear of eternal damnation, how are these provocative young lotharios ever going to learn?" "As the creep of secular humanism continues to chip away at our most sacred institutions, the Vatican has established a dangerous precedent," the priest continued.

"We look to the church's authority (?) for justice and righteousness (?), not politically convenient solutions that maintain the status quo.

“These nubile sinners should be held accountable for the damage they've done.”

Long may he rest in peace.

5. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

Dang that's too bad. :( He's the best pope the Catholic Church has had in gosh awful long time...If not the best ever! :) He's done so many things no one before him had the bawls to do! For instance apologizing for what men centuries before him had done when the Eastern Orthodox, and Roman Catholic churches split! :D May God give him an easy parting, an eternal rest, and everyone pray that we get another man as godly as him next time around...

A truly great warrior of God he was, is, and always will be.

6. Hergé

Hergé Guest

Just as well that you live on another planet. :D I must do too :cool:

I am sure they put Ms Lewinsky into the White House on purpose.

They just hate Protestant Puritans who are not catholic.

Hergé

7. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Hey Herge, the man is likely dying. How about at least waiting until he is gone before spitting on his grave. :rolleyes:

8. Hergé

Hergé Guest

When he dies he will probably be back three days later. :)

So why worry?

Hergé

9. Cédric

Cédric

lol! the best? someone who condemns abortion and let millions of africans dying instead of suggesting them to get condoms! he went there a zillion times and never even mentioned it. How humanist it is!
    Of course, he's probably better than blokes like Pie XII...
    :rolleyes:

10. Hergé

Hergé Guest

What I think is the terrible tradgedy is that there is no-one who takes care of seriously deformed children at the time of birth and allows them to live in this terrible state with no hope of ever living a normal life.

Spina-bifida, conjoint twins or "Siamese twins" and other seriously deformed children as with the thalidomide cases.

In nature parents having such children would not allow them to live as they would ruin their own chances of survival.

You would have to think along what YOU call "primitive" or even "savage" lines to realise that it is MODERN man which is the savage to allow these poor children to become fully conscious and only later fully aware of their dreadful condition.

I am not such a hard man as to ever want to kill another living human being, but, as a PARENT, I would not wish to visit a lifetime of suffering on any child of my own.

But only outside of modern society would I be allowed to end such a life within a day or so of birth.

I would think that any LOVING parent, especially a father, would do the same.

It IS awful that the wife and mother should have to carry such a child to full term of nine months only to have a child which it is very difficult to fully bring to an independant state of well-being whereby the child may ALSO have a full life.

After such a birth a TRULY LOVING and REALLY RESPONSIBLE Father should be able to say yea or nay as to whether HIS son or daughter should live to become a fully conscious child.

To INFLICT heartache and pain on his spouse AND the child would also be irresponsible and heartless, but, after expert medical advice the decision to have another birth might be judged to be the REASONABLE thing to do.

If medical advice would be against having another child, then there is adoption.

In this way children would be healthy by one to two years of age and have a PROPER chance of success, as long as they avoid serious injury.

I wonder at the LACK of compassion at the RIGHT time, given as EARLY as possible in these unfortunate cases.

Certainly I would NOT have thanked my parents for ALLOWING me to be a Downes syndrom victim, if that had been the case.

As it is even PERFECTLY NORMAL children are being attacked by religious thinkers who will NOT leave them alone as they conduct an inquisition into their sexuality, and play games of devilish temptation and satanic "revenge".

I sometimes wonder if I am the only SANE person here when I hear of all of these goings on.

The "Holy" "See" and its "Holy" hole???

These people are clinically (i.e. scientifically) insane.

This is not science, more scientology, mind control leading to criminal abuse.

A protection racket being run by a criminal "religious" mafia.

This is NO way to live in peace.

You are SUPPOSED to protect people FROM abuse!

"Good Shepherding"??? Huh! You treat PEOPLE like SHEEP???

You are ALL ... crazy!

Problem is, you think that I am joking.

Just look at the HORRIBLE deformities visited up Iraqi children after the use of "depleted uranium".

Have you NO compassion for these people?

So why do you expect them to have compassion for you?

Is THIS what a "Christian" people do?

May God help you.

Hergé

11. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Herge- Hitler much??? Cripes- & just where do you propose to draw the line? Yes you feel very bad for deformed children, but who of us can say who is fit to live or die?

What about Christy Brown(My left foot)? Thought to be retarded, but really had a brilliant mind, and led (maybe still leads) a happy full life? And even if they aren't who are we to say they aren't here for a reason.

And that's only one point. What about the people who wanted a boy?" Oops it's a girl maybe we can bribe the doctor to give us the go ahead to get rid of it"

If you think there is any way to end the suffering of the few who would truly be better off ( there again who are we to say?) without endangering millions you must be on something REALLY good.

Looking to make a "perfect" society in the name of humanitarianism is just wrong. You start by saying 'Oh look at the poor suffering baby, we must help him"- then it's not long before it's "The strongest of us are Blue Eyed Blondes we should just get rid of everyone else & we will be strong and healthy. It's a crock, but having seen it before I think we're all immune to it now, thanks anyway...

Oh and I won't dignify your post on the Pope with an answer.--Is The Onion a new name for the Enquirer?

12. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Oh I never could keep my mouth shut.

Herge did you look at any of the other articles in the onion? DUH its' a spoof paper. Even without looking at that any idiot could tell it was just garbage. Just from a PR point of view they wouldn't let him say those thing if he wanted to.

You need help.

(Mods-I aplogize if I'm breaking fourm rules.)

13. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Great :rolleyes:

Just what we need, a born-again Joseph Goebbels. :rolleyes:

What's the matter, herge, neo-naziism getting too tame? Figuring on graduating to baby-killer? You make me sick you low-life, nazi worm.(n)

14. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

irox is right, hellspawn.

:)

15. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Thanks for the advice people, but I have already gotten a ban warning. On my very first post which was removed by the staff, actually. Frankly, I think speaking out against people like this is worth it. I'll gladly take the ban. History is strewn with people who, for whatever reason, chose not to speak up against this type of thinking. The result was "peace in our times" and millions of innocents dead.

Furthermore, if this forum bans me but allows herge to post his nazi garbage, then perhaps everybody will learn something about how "movements" get started and how the easy way out isn't always the best way.

Best wishes :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!