1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

In Progress Popping ads in the browser while surfing on the internet.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by darsh, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darsh

darsh Thread Starter

First Name:
    Darsh
    Hello Everyone, I am facing the issue of popping ads, while I am surfing the internet or visited some website. The ads come in bulk, and in top of every ad "adscrawler" is written. I have window 7 in my laptop and have already installed the "Adsblock" extension in the browser, but still the ads keep popping. These ads are annoying me, make my internet speed slow and redirect me to some other site. I can't surf any website smoothly. Can anyone here who had faced similar problem and resolved that issue. Any Suggestions from your side are most welcome.

2. Firefly

Firefly Malware Trainee

Hi Darsh. My name is Firefly and I will help you with your computer. I ask you to follow a few ground rules while we are taking care of your computer:

I'm an Undergraduate trainee at MalwareRemovalUniversity (MRU), and as such my posts to you have to first be checked by a Teacher, because of this my replies to your posts may be slightly delayed. Please be patient and I'm sure we'll be able to resolve your problems.

Before we begin...please read and follow these important guidelines, so things will proceed smoothly.
    1. The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
      Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
    2. You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
    3. DO NOT make any changes to your system, or run any tools other than those I provided. Do not delete, fix, uninstall, or install anything unless I tell you to.
    4. Only- post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
    5. Print each set of instructions...if possible...your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
    6. Only- reply to this thread, do not start another ... Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean". If you are in progress at another forum, please simply let me know so I can dedicate my time to others who need help.
    7. Failure to respond for 3 days, will result in your topic being closed.
    Please take time to read the Forum Guidelines and Rules where the conditions for receiving help at this forum are explained.

Malware removal:
    Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

File Backup

For your safety and protection, I would advise backing up all your important documents, personal data files and photos as some infections may render your computer unbootable during or before the disinfection process. The safest practice is not to backup any files with the following file extensions:
    exe, .scr, .ini, .htm, .html, .php, .asp, .xml, .zip, .rar, .cab as they may be infected.

All of the Windows systems we support have backup capabilities. These existing programs will allow you to back up your files to an external hard drive, USB drive or CD drive.

Do not back up your files to the hard drive of the computer we will be fixing. If the computer becomes unusable, your files will still be gone forever.

Here is a link to use the backup program in Windows 7: Windows 7

Finally, there will be several items to handle in each post (usually) so I will try to break them into easier to digest sections which will be demarked with Green Bold Lettering

Restore Point

First, before we do anything, we want to make sure we have made a backup of your computer's key information so that we can be sure to not make anything worse. Since you are running Windows 7, we will both make a restore point and do a system backup.

To create a restore point: (win 7)
    1. click on the Start button to open your Start Menu. Then
    2. click on the Control Panel, then the System icon, and then finally click on System Protection in the left-hand task list. You will now be at the System Protection tab in the System control panel.
    3. At the bottom of the window you will see a button called "create". A window will pop open allowing you to name this restore point - please name this "before malware fix".
    4. You can then close the System window.

Please also do the following:
    Please download tweaking.com_registry_backup_setup.exe
    Choose a download site for the installer... download and save it to your desktop. Do not click on the big green button at the top - this is an advertisement. Click on one of the yellow links under the word "installer" further down on the page
    Double click on the "...setup.exe" program and install the program. Let the install use the default installation. How to tutorial here.

Once the program is installed...
    1. Double click the Tweaking.com Registry Backup icon ... on your Desktop to open the program.
    2. It should open with the Backup Registry tab selected and all file options checked. Check any that are not already checked.
    3. Click on Backup Now to create a backup of your Registry.
      You'll see "Waiting for Volume Shadow Copy snapshot..." this may take a few moments, just be patient.
    4. When completed you should see a message saying something like ... Successful ??/?? Registry Files Backed Up ... ?? is total number of files, both numbers should match.
    5. Close and exit the program.

Once these are done, we can move forward with repairing the issues you are having. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THESE FIRST TWO STEPS OR IF YOU RECEIVED ANY ERROR MESSAGES.

FRST Scan

Please download FRST ... by Farbar, from the link below and save it to your Desktop. Please be sure to use the version appropriate for your operating system.

For 32 bit Systems

For 64 bit Systems

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties (left click) --> about halfway down the screen, your will see a line "System Type" which will say either 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System. Be sure to use the appropriate program, although you CANNOT damage you system if you choose the wrong one.

• Right-click FRST.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button. ... When finished a log will be created, FRST.txt.
    • Please post the content of the FRST.txt in your next reply.
    • The first time the tool is run, it will create another log... Addition.txt.
    • Please post the content of the Addition.txt in your next reply.

Next Steps

1. Confirm you were able to make backups, restore points, and use TCRB
    2. Post FRST.txt
    3. Post addition.txt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice