1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Populating data from one Excel workbook to a master workbook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jpirhalla, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpirhalla

jpirhalla Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a master workbook with 20 worksheets. 5 worksheets in the worksbook are distributed to field reps, but the remaining 15 worksheets are not. What is the best practice for receiving the 5-worksheet workbook from the field rep and importing the data into the 20-worksheet master workbook? If I merely use Copy Sheet I am able to copy the worksheets into the master workbook but then I have to remove the pathname references in each of the copied worksheets in order to map the data in the master workbook - which is quite cumbersome. Suggestions?

2. turbodante

turbodante

Hi jpirhalla, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried moving the sheets over. Dragging the sheet from the field reps back into the now-15-sheet book?

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I use Find/Replace. If I want to remove a reference to something like c:\myfolder\myfile.xls, then I:

Hit Ctrl+H
    In the Find what, type 'c:\myfolder\myfile.xls'
    In the Replace with, don't put anything
    Make sure it's looking in formulas
    Hit Replace all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/798807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice