1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PopUp Hell

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gorper99, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gorper99

gorper99 Thread Starter

Hope I am on the correct forum.The kid just called from college with a problem.Says she downloaded adaware and now has nothing but popups.Hard to believe because I have used it in the past.I now use AddSubtract and Spybot.I told her to uninstall it and download Spybot S&D and to check the web for a pop up stopper.Anyone have any recommendations on a good one? I do believe they have a firewall that is on from their service provider.It is the college internet(cable)

2. bowmar

bowmar

I would be sure that if you download ad-aware, spybot & cwshredder - updating first 2 then running them all, your pop-up problems should be clear. I have followed this procedure on a few hundred computers and stopped all popups. Seems something is being missed.

3. cisco2004

cisco2004

4. DFC

DFC

Stopzilla (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!