PopUp Hell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gorper99

Hope I am on the correct forum.The kid just called from college with a problem.Says she downloaded adaware and now has nothing but popups.Hard to believe because I have used it in the past.I now use AddSubtract and Spybot.I told her to uninstall it and download Spybot S&D and to check the web for a pop up stopper.Anyone have any recommendations on a good one? I do believe they have a firewall that is on from their service provider.It is the college internet(cable)

I would be sure that if you download ad-aware, spybot & cwshredder - updating first 2 then running them all, your pop-up problems should be clear. I have followed this procedure on a few hundred computers and stopped all popups. Seems something is being missed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online