1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

popup stopper tip

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by phoneguy55, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoneguy55

phoneguy55 Thread Starter

....been using the FREE version of popup stopper for a while and noticed that there was a newer version out. I got the new one and so far only notice that the icon in the sys tray is now a "hand" instead of a box with an x in it. On set up you can select from various notification methods of a "block"....

- flash the hand icon red ( you set the duration)
    - flash the cursor red ( you set the duration)
    - have a popup window alert you that it blocked a popup..???(no thanks)
    - play a wav file ( no thanks)

What I find is the most noticable indication of a blocked popup is the yellow error icon with "blocked javascript" info on the lower status bar.

here is the tip...if you hold CONTROL down while clicking on a link or linked image, it will allow that one link to open without disabling the application.

So when shopping online and you want to see the jacket in a magnified image....use control and it will open it without allowing more ads during the shopping session

2. boyoh53

boyoh53

Hi, I only just d/loaded new Pop-up Stopper. I like the sound affect. Before I used to wonder why something wasn't loading.
    With the sound, no problem. At first I didn't like it, but now it has grown on me. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice