Porblem with MASA Syst Tray Icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

firestormer

The Micosoft Antispyware system tray icon donsnt always appear even when the program is on. i have selected the apropriot settings buti donsnt help.

Sometimes it appears some times it dosnt. Ive tried the avesetting reg key i was shown to help with a simillar proble with my volume icon.

Does anyone know away to fix this.

Perhaps to restore the system trat. Any ideas.

Help much apreciated guys. Ta

FS. :)

Hi firestormer,

You could give this a try. Right click on Start/Properties/Taskbar Tab/Customize & find the icon. Click to the right of the icon & in the dropdown list, click on always show, then reboot.

Regards,

Hawk1

Ok, do you have a program called WinPatrol. You can cotrol various things including Startup Items/Services & Active Tasks. I run MS/AS & the only time the tray icon appears is when I run the program, after which I just click the icon to exit. It does not reappear after that. Following is the URL for WinPatrol (Freeware) in the event you don't have it.

http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html

Regards,

Hawk

I think this may be just a bug. The program is Beta. I have mine set not to show, but if I manually start the scan, it will appear and when the scan is complete, I have to right click the icon and select shut down. The icon disappears, but the program is still running in the background even after the warning saying the program will stop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online