1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Port 5055

Discussion in 'Games' started by singe57, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. singe57

singe57 Thread Starter

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me here. I tried to get on a multiserver game and the message that I got was "your computer must be able to make connections on Port 5055. Can anyone help me here please.

Much appreciated
    Sandra

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It helps if you told us what game server you are trying to connect to.

3. McTimson

McTimson

If you have any firewalls installed, then you must enable port 5055 on them, but tell us what game it is so we can make sure that that's the right port for it, and it's not some sort of virus...

4. singe57

singe57 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thank you for replying to my email. I am not behind any firewall, my problem is the Ports. Please could you advise me how to open them up. That's what stops me going on multilservers games. My system is 1998SE.

Thanking you
    Sandra

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Again, which game server are you trying to connect?

6. singe57

singe57 Thread Starter

Hi again,

The game server I am trying to get on is Playandwin.co.uk. They have multiserver games on this site, I can get on the ordinary ones which does not include playing with anyone else but games like bingo requires port 5055.

Hope that might be a help.

Regards Sandra

7. McTimson

McTimson

Many times firewalls will block access to certain ports....routers and DSL/Cable modems also act as firewalls, are you using one of them?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice