1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Port Forwarding for Minecraft Issue, Also my brother can not connect to my LAN!

Discussion in 'Games' started by dklink750, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dklink750

dklink750 Thread Starter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Okay, so here is the problem, I've port forwarded, I know, for almost 99% that I have port forwarded perfectly fine, because in the past it has worked with no problem. I've had 20 people on my server, not too long ago and it recently decided to stop working, I've been in a skype call with my friend trying to get him to join my server I tried changing my internal ip, yes it is static, it was 192.168.2.117 then today I changed the last three to 111 to try to get it to work, I re-port forwarded with that same IP and he could still not connect. I find this really odd that randomly it decides to stop working. It's also not firewalls cause I've disabled all my firewalls temp to try and get this to work. Help? :confused:
    2. Okay, this is the oddest thing of all! My brother, whose computer is not far from me, and is directly connected through a Ethernet cable. He can not connect to something I host LAN, I go into minecraft press the "Open to LAN" button. He goes into the server list, it shows up and then it fails to connect when he tries join! When he hosted it via open to lan I dont even see the thing! But he went online and said to me to try to connect via direct connect, put in his internal ip, 192.168.2.12 and gives me the port that changes every time he hosts it and I can join, fine. But I really want to fix the problem that he can not join mine via LAN. :( :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Adam42Almighty

Adam42Almighty

The first thing that came to mind was that your public IP address has changed?
    I would try putting your IP into DMZ (Demiliterized Zone) This will disabled any firewalls and stuff and make it as fast as possible. Try DMZ and see if people can connect and also test to see if everyone has the right public IP address.
    As for the LAN i cant think of anything that would be stopping that at the moment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice