1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Port forwarding MC server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Techtocc, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techtocc

Techtocc Thread Starter

Hello newbie here,

I need some help
    I'm trying to setup a Minecraft server on my Raspberry Pi 3b with raspbian, it is working and i can play on it with my PC connected to the same network as the Pi.
    Now i want some friends that can play on it too, so i tried to setup port forwarding so my friends can join, on my router site (I have a Fritz!box Fon WLAN 7360) i can set one up "easily".
    I get a tab that looks like this

Port forwarding enabled for: (other aplications)
    Name: (mcserver)
    Protocol: (TCP)
    From port: (25565) to port: (25565)
    To computer: (raspberry Pi)
    To ip adress: (xxx.xxx.xxx.xx)
    To port: (25565)

What i filled in is between brackets!
    I already tried with a friend to play on it, i could play but when he filled in xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:25565 he couldn't play on it.
    Also when i go to *yougetsignal port forwarding tester* it shows that the port is closed, but i'm running the server on the Pi. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It is possible that your Internet Service Provider is blocking the port. Check you terms of service to see if your are allowed to run any kind of server on your account.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice