Port forwarding MC server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Techtocc

Hello newbie here,

I need some help
I'm trying to setup a Minecraft server on my Raspberry Pi 3b with raspbian, it is working and i can play on it with my PC connected to the same network as the Pi.
Now i want some friends that can play on it too, so i tried to setup port forwarding so my friends can join, on my router site (I have a Fritz!box Fon WLAN 7360) i can set one up "easily".
I get a tab that looks like this

Port forwarding enabled for: (other aplications)
Name: (mcserver)
Protocol: (TCP)
From port: (25565) to port: (25565)
To computer: (raspberry Pi)
To ip adress: (xxx.xxx.xxx.xx)
To port: (25565)

What i filled in is between brackets!
I already tried with a friend to play on it, i could play but when he filled in xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:25565 he couldn't play on it.
Also when i go to *yougetsignal port forwarding tester* it shows that the port is closed, but i'm running the server on the Pi. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It is possible that your Internet Service Provider is blocking the port. Check you terms of service to see if your are allowed to run any kind of server on your account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online