1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Port Forwarding on Huawei Echolife HG521

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dlevene, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlevene

dlevene Thread Starter

Hi all

I'm trying to set up port forwarding on my new TalkTalk router, and I've followed the steps on portforward.com for an HG520 (they don't have a guide for the HG521). I've got to the point where I'm adding a new entry, and I've entered all the IP addresses, but it also asks for "Remote host" and "Internal host" - what do I enter? I've attached a screen dump.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dlevene

dlevene Thread Starter

Update: OK, I've figured out that internal host is my static IP and I've just left external host blank, but the PortForward PortChecker says the port still isn't open. Any ideas?

3. adebisi

adebisi

Hi,i had the same problem with a router that was brand new with o2 broadband, so the best thing to do is contact port forwarding.com and they'll request screen shots of the routers new interface where they can create a new guide. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946049