1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

port forwarding prob

Discussion in 'Networking' started by angel, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel

angel Thread Starter

Internally, I can telnet to 100.0.0.15. The router (Westell modem with WebSharePro upgrade) can ping the 100.0.0.15 fine.
    We setup WebSharePro to forward all telnet traffic to 100.0.0.15. (really not concerned with security at the moment - just want to make sure it's going to work). Unfortunately, it's not working. Trying to telnet from outside gets no response. We also set it up to forward all ftp traffic to the same computer - didn't work. I've been on the phone with Westell support all morning and we just can't figure it out. The only thing he can think of is that it's the internal IP address that might be causing the prob. He said they've had probs with 10.x.x.x before and recommend 192.168.x.x. I really don't want to change the IP of everything here (all are static) if that's not necessary. Can anyone think of a reason why 100.0.0.x wouldn't work?

Thanks!!!

2. Monk_

Monk_

100.0.0.x is a Class A address, the Westell may have difficulty negotiating a Class A. 192.168.x.x is a Class C.

3. angel

angel Thread Starter

Now Westell thinks that it should work and thinks they have found the prob (upgrade of the WebShare Pro vs. non-upgrade). They want me to wipe the software from the unit and reinstall the latest instead of upgrading as was done.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice