1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Port forwarding under small business server 2003 router.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mako, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mako

Mako Thread Starter

I went from using a netgear router/switch on my network combination to using windows small business server as a software router. The internet connection is being shared but I was wondering whether there was a way to forward ports in the same way that one would do so via netgear router for small business server?
    I have huntded around the router options but I cannot find a way to forward ports in the same way as I did on the netgear router (via the http interface).

Many thanks

2. wedor

wedor

Is this Standard or Premium Edition? One or two network cards?

3. Mako

Mako Thread Starter

Windows small business server 2003 Standard edition.
    Two network cards. One is connected to a cable modem. The other is connected to a netgear 4-port switch/router. I have only got computers plugged into the switch part of the switch/router.
    Hmm what else? I am using static IP's for the network computers.

4. Mako

Mako Thread Starter

I don't know if there is anything else I can say really.

5. wedor

wedor

Sorry for the delay I can't make it here daily and I am more familiar with ISA server that the standard firewall.

According to what I have found you need to run the Internet Connection wizard and then in the "Additional Services Configuration" area you can specify what ports you want open by creating "custom services".

I do not have any servers running without ISA so I can't test this myself at present.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/307912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice