Port forwarding won't work no matter what

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nesvaqes

Hello, everyone!

So a few months ago, during the first lockdown, a friend and I wanted to play on a Minecraft server. It took me a while to get everything to work, but in the end it definitely did.
However, now that I am trying to do the same again after a while of not touching it at all, I decided to make an entirely new one and since I've had my router settings reset I re-did the port forwarding and all. However, no matter what I do, it just seems to not want to work. I have a static ip and all, I've done it correctly, DMZ won't work, Dynamic DNS hostname won't work, I've let the port through the Windows 10 firewall, and still; as I start the server, no port checker on the internet will tell me that 25565 is open, and my friend can't join through any of the different options (putting in my IP, my dynamic DNS, adding the :25565 at the end) only I can join my server through localhost.

What seemed to work last time was disabling the router's firewall (Innbox v45 Home Gateway) but I think they've removed the option to? I've called my ISP and they said that they don't offer help for port forwarding and that I have to figure it out by myself. (however specified that it is indeed possible to get it working)

I'm lost at this point. I really want to get this to work, I've tried so much stuff and after about 3 days of trying to look through forums and stuff I haven't found anything that would help. So I'd be really, really grateful for any advice or tip of what else I can do to make this work again.
If any screenshots or info are needed, please let me know, I can provide them in a reply. Thank you.

Fireflycph

Morten
Try to disable the WIndows firewall completely. I've seen instances where ports were opened and it still blocked them. Until it was disabled and re-enabled. Granted, that was years ago but it can't hurt. Also disable any and all third-party firewalls/anti-virus.

nesvaqes

Try to disable the WIndows firewall completely. I've seen instances where ports were opened and it still blocked them. Until it was disabled and re-enabled. Granted, that was years ago but it can't hurt. Also disable any and all third-party firewalls/anti-virus.
Yep, did that as well, haha. I don't know; my only hope is going through all those steps all over again to make sure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online