1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Port forwarding

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kannaj2136, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kannaj2136

Kannaj2136 Thread Starter

I am trying to open a port from my router it says it is open in the router (HG532e) but when i check in canyouseeme.com it says the port is closed. I even opened a port in the firewall by going into inbounds. Can somebody help me plz...........

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Which port? Which Router? And what's the ultimate goal? Do you need to forward a specific ip/udp port to a specific device/ip address?

Kannaj2136 likes this.
  3. Kannaj2136

Sorry
    I forgot to mention in the post
    I want to open a port for nanocore
    And i am using a HG532e router

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Sorry. I don't know that software. But a quick google search shows a massive amounts of info. Some says Nanocore is full og holes. Others that the software is used for malicious purposes.
    But I'm still not sure what it is you want to do. Do you want the specific port to get forwarded to a specific ip address? Or do you "just" want to allow that ip port access thru the firewall. Both in and outbound?

Kannaj2136 likes this.
  5. Kannaj2136

:) for this software i need to give my computer ip address and port which is open on that ip address so that it can create a file. if we run this file on an other computer it will connect to me and send information from the other computer to me. i can open any port number.

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
  7. Kannaj2136

i did all that still it says that my ports are closed

8. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Have you checked with your ISP that they don't block that specific port?
    And also disabled any/all firewall and AV software.

Exactly which port number are you trying to open up?

I don't know if this is possible for you. But can you connect directly to the modem from that one machine? Bypass the router completely. Remember you need to set you IP as dynamic again.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice